DEQ is a science-based state agency, so it generates volumes of public records.
A team of two, with the support of 40 staff members, work together to guide our public record storage and response to requests. Along with discussing how and why DEQ stores records, the experts offer advice on how to best find what you need.
Dylan and Susan talk with Kristen Mercer and Leela Yellesetty to learn about public records. (Note, Lauren is filling in as a manager at DEQ, so she’s taking a break from GreenState.)
Listen to the podcast on: SoundCloud, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts.
For more information visit Public Records at DEQ or contact Kristen Mercer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-229-5475.
- Let’s meet Susan [ 1:35]
- Interview with Kristen and Leela [4:10]
- Their roles at DEQ [4:40]
- Public records contact – Kristen [5:40]
- Sunshine week [14:20]
- High hazard rail webpage [22:00]
- DEQ public records webpage [24:00]
- Your DEQ Online [24:20]
- Advice for public records requests [31:00]
- Three tips [32:20]
- Wrap-up [34:20]