Every once in a while, a particular part of a story will catch our interest. When we thing you will also find it interesting, we make a Bonus Pod.
List of Bonus Pods by date (most recent first):
Fire Clouds – 09.28.2021
In the course of talking with Ryan Sandler at the National Weather Service, we learned about pyrocumulus clouds – or fire clouds. These unique clouds form over wildfires and can tower thousands of feet into the sky. Smoke is a main ingredient. Learn more about these fire clouds, as well as pyrocumulonimbus and firenados in the bonus episode.
- Crazy scene, as described by DEQ’s Peter Brewer [2:30]
- How cumulus clouds become pyrocumulus clouds [4:05]
- Pyrocumulonimbus thunderhead produced by a fire [5:00]
- Firenados and fire whirls [6:15]
- Plume-dominated fire [7:30]
- Fire clouds and air quality [9:10]