#Oregon is reducing #GHGs in a huge step – @OregonDEQ’s #ClimateProtection Program. The details are on the latest episode of #GreenState!Tweet
As of Jan. 1, 2022, the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality has a new Climate Protection Program! The goals of the program are:
- to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuels by 50% by 2035 and 90% by 2050
- to contain costs
- to enhance public welfare for Oregon communities, particularly environmental justice communities, including, communities of color, tribal, low-income and rural communities.
Scientists agree these reductions are required to avoid the worst effects of climate change.
Lauren and Dylan talk with DEQ’s Director; Climate Protection Program staff member, Nicole Singh; and Oregon Business for Climate’s Tim Miller.
- Climate change in Oregon [2:45]
- The Climate Protection Program [4:20]
- What this means for the average Oregonian [4:50]
- CPP and business [21:20]
- Oregon Business for Climate
- Impact of climate change on businesses
- Will costs go up?
- Wrap up [26:00]